Front Seats

I'm considering replacing the stock seats in my '69 bug. I can't afford to buy new so I was wondering what I should look for at the ol' junk yard. VW Golf, Jetta, honda... what?

-- Chris

- Chris

----------------------------------------------- snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com

eldgrim

I did Rabbit (similar to Golf/Jetta). Huge improvement in comfort.

You gotta grab the tracks and the front pyramid mount. Mig weld the tracks to tunnel and heater channels.

You won't want to attempt this if the heaters and floor are rusted...

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

Make sure that they are 2-door seats, otherwise they won't fold forward, making it difficult to get people or animals into the backseat.

This is a good website that talks about the how-to's involved in swapping seats:

Try and find seats from a Jetta Carat or a Golf GTI....both of these are thickley bolstered, and some Carat seats were partial leather (bolsters). GTI seats are usually Recaro sport seats (very comfy!)

- Pete

Reply to
Pete Cressman

i have jetta seats(full leather) from a four door car in my bug...they *do* fold forward, but you have to make a release handle...they have hook type catches already....

------------------- Chris Perdue

*All opinions are those of the author of this post* "Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug"
reply take your PANTS off
Reply to
Chris Perdue