FS: 1971 bus

i am in the process of buying a 1978 911sc. hope you understand. you know, it is still a rear-engine, air-cooled german car. i just wanted this one longer than i wanted a bus.

if you know anyone interested, please let me know.

email to: 71busATmikneiDOTnet

thanks for all the tips and advice.

i will be back.

Reply to
automatictransgression

For what it's worth, I think That your choice of Porsches is one of the best buys for the money you can get in an older porsche. Excellent choice!.................A little research will confirm it as a best VALUE also.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

thanks. it is taking resources i did not know i had to get it, but this has been a lifelong love of mine. not the 78 in particular, but 911's in general.

a good friend got it as part of a big multi-vehicle/cash deal, and i cannot pass it up. you know, first year of the 3.0, and all...

Reply to
automatictransgression

I read an article in one of the Car Mags several years ago and I believe the 911sc was best between 78 & 81 ( could have been 82 ) fo overall value in a sports car for the money..............that included a bunch of comparison cars. Some others that I remember was the Dodge "Lil' Red Express" pickup, and the 67 Dodge Dart GTS , I remember being very impressed by the Dart, as I had a 65 GT convertible at the time. The article said that the 67 Dart GT was the second fastest production vehicle without modification in its year, and was second to the CORVETTE Stingray. Not bad for factory huh?

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®

Yeah ...But a 67 Bug could go by the Gas Pumps Faster!!! :)

"Wild" Bill and "Blondie" Tucker

President and First Lady Rare Air VW Club Pensacola, FLorida

'78 VW Bus ( "Old Rusty" )

'76 Bug "The Grape"

'69 Squareback , Arizona car, Automatic, "Blondies' Car"

'67 Squareback

Rare Air VW Club Website:

or

Wild Bill

I don't know, Bill,.................I'm betting my old '65 GT would have made about the same mileage on a tankful, or maybe even better. If they both had the same tiny tank though, it might be another story.

I do agree that we get more amusement and enjoyment for the dollar out of these Bugs and Buses and such.