Fuel from a can...Time to start but...

I got 5' gas hose to do a temp fuel hook up to the motor. But it's not getting fuel to the filter. Does the gas can need to be raised off of the pavement? Or is there enough pressure to get it to the carb as is?

ignition key switch is not hooked up. I am using a trigger type switchhooked up to the starter.

4play (@\|/@)(.\~/.)
(O\|/O)(.\~/.)

if the hose isnt hooked to fuel pump then no, has to be above carb. If attached to pump, then i would think it would be ok

Reply to
Xyclone

Reply to
EuroBug

On Sun, 03 Aug 2003 14:52:54 GMT, MUADIB® scribbled this interesting note:

This engine got new rod and main bearings, balanced connecting rods using a triple beam balance, new pistons and cylinders (that got prepped using the excellent suggestions provided by Bob Hoover, and man does it take a while to clean the insides of new cylinders, not to mention painting them afterwards!:~), and rebuilt single port heads. The carburetor is the culprit as to why this engine won't idle right now. I'm sure some trash has clogged something inside the carburetor since this engine has sat for a while since it was built (or re-built.) A minor tune-up and re-building of the carburetor is all it will take to get this one back up into tip-top shape.

-- John Willis

Reply to
John Willis

On Sun, 03 Aug 2003 14:52:54 GMT, MUADIB® ran around screaming and yelling:

use a small funnel or a turkey baster to fill the carbs floatbowl...the bowl vent is a straight shot to the bowl....then there is plenty of fuel for the engine to run for a minute or two, and the higher rpms of a running engine vs a cranking engine will pull the fuel into the pump in no time... J

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

You can just pure some fuel in the carburetor's bowl. The engine will start imediatelly, and when you rev it a bit, the pump will suck fuell without needing to prime it.

On the other hand, I would prefer to crank it for some time with the starter, so that your engine builds up oil pressure and oil has the time to circulate everywere in the engine.

Bill, '67 bug.

Reply to
Bill Spiliotopoulos