Fuel Gauge HELP

73 std type 1. Fuel gauge reads half full when empty, full when half tank or more. Replaced guage, sender, vibrator and wire from sender to vibrator. Checked battery connections. Still reads same. I must be stoopid er sumpthin.
Reply to
Thomas Townsend

Hmmmmmmm. You replaced *everything* and it still doesn't work.

BTW, the wire from sender does not go to the vibrator.

Go to my web site and look for: "How does the fuel gauge work and how do I test it?"

(I'm not trying to be smart; there has to be some simple answer to this.)

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

i have a VDO gauge in my buggy, after i changed the sending unit it reads empty when full and 1/2 when empty. Something i just learned to live with. Dave

Reply to
David