Fuel line diameter

Way back, I had replaced the metal fuel line that runs through the tunnel with one that runs alongside the tunnel on the inside of the car.

I'm trying to find out if the diameter makes a difference specifically with respect to fuel consumption. The fuel line diameter is larger than the original.

Even though the FI system has a return line to the tank would the increased amount of fuel burn more and more inefficiently?

Reply to
Mel

Not to worry. The regulator maintains a steady pressure and thus injector volume is a constant. In any case, the pump is positive displacement and will pump the same amount over a very wide range of input conditions.

(I've ignored the small changes in pressure that the regulator makes due to vacuum...)

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

You are good to go.

Line diameter larger than stock will have no effect upon mileage or efficiency. The injector controls the actual amount of fuel. It is happy if it has enough, and any more than necessary is returned to the tank.

Reply to
John Stafford

Agreed :)

Reply to