fuel line size

What is the size for the metal fuel line that runs through the frame? This is on a 77 factory FI Bug. Does it matter if it's bigger diameter?

Reply to
Mel P.

I believe the fuel line size is 7mm...

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

I thought the rubber fuel line had an ID of 7mm and the hard line running though the tunnel from the tank to the engine compartment is generally referred to as "8mm" fuel line (not sure if that ID or OD). Wolfburg West sells the hardline that runs through the frame and calls it "8mm". BTW, the really early cars (25 bhp) had 6mm hardlines.

Take a look at

Rusty Shackelford