Fuel Pump Flange

Still havnt had time to replace this but was fiddling with the new ( mexican or brazilian) one and noticed the push rod was very loose in shaft ( noticeable side play) whereas the OEM German was a snug fit even after 40 years. Did they change diameter of push rod for mexican/brazilian things or are they just rubbish?. Ta John

Reply to
John

Just noticed the new Fuel Pump flanges I bought have quite a bit of free play with my old push rod. Did the Mexicans/Brazilians change the diameter of pushrod or is it just lousy manufacturing?. There is enough side to side gap I,d wonder if I,d do some damage using it. The "finish" being poor is bad enough but you think they,d at least make them serviceable. Ta John

Reply to
John

return it and get an old used one, or at least compare the old flange to the new flange!

remember that the air cooled Beetles of late were fuel injected (no mechanic fuel pump) so those flanges were made for the early engines!

JMHO

Reply to
dave AKA vwdoc1