Fuel Tank "air bladder"

I have a question that may not be VW air-cooled specific but I know some of you guys here might know about.

I am working on a Porsche 924 and today I sealed the fuel tank with POR Fuel Tank sealer. Anyway, prior to sealing the tank I connected the air compressor and blew air into the tank to blow out the dust and I accidentally blew air into the air bladder and it popped.

The question is: Am I ok to still use the tank with this component out of commission? Is this technology out dated? I don't see newer tanks with this in it.

Reply to
Funkie

What is an air bladder?

Is that like a collapsible fuel tank?

Is this car to be used for racing?

If it is a collapsible fuel tank, I think it would help if you were in an accident or if someone fired bullets at your car and hit the gas tank. It would be less likely to catch on fire.

But for everyday use, I think it would be as safe as a stock classic Beetle fuel tank.

of you guys here might know about.

uel Tank sealer. Anyway, prior to sealing the tank I connected the air comp= ressor and blew air into the tank to blow out the dust and I accidentally b= lew air into the air bladder and it popped.

his technology out dated? I don't see newer tanks with this in it.

Reply to
Jim Ed

Its some sort of rubber diaphram attached to the inside ceiling of the stock metal fuel tank with a line running to it from the outside of the tank. The line is either feeding vapor or plain old air into this rubber pouch.

The car is not used for rac> What is an air bladder?

e of you guys here might know about.

Fuel Tank sealer. Anyway, prior to sealing the tank I connected the air co= mpressor and blew air into the tank to blow out the dust and I accidentally= blew air into the air bladder and it popped.

this technology out dated? I don't see newer tanks with this in it.

Reply to
Funkie

You might also ask at this link:

ome of you guys here might know about.

OR Fuel Tank sealer. Anyway, prior to sealing the tank I connected the air = compressor and blew air into the tank to blow out the dust and I accidental= ly blew air into the air bladder and it popped.

Is this technology out dated? I don't see newer tanks with this in it.

Reply to
Jim Ed

or at

discussion forums

Jan

Jim Ed wrote:

you guys here might know about.

Fuel Tank sealer. Anyway, prior to sealing the tank I connected the air compressor and blew air into the tank to blow out the dust and I accidentally blew air into the air bladder and it popped.

this technology out dated? I don't see newer tanks with this in it.

Reply to
Jan Andersson

I posted this question to alt.autos.porsche We'll see.

I doubt I will get an answer since most of the porsche newsgroups are dead and full of trust fund babies wanting advice on buying shit they know nothing about.

Thanks everyone. Maybe someone will see this here and know something about this oddity.

Reply to
Funkie

That is this group, silly.

Reply to