gas gauge

I replaced the sending flotation unit and I put in a new voltage regulator ( for the gas gauge, not the generator circui). This is the new type gauge I got from CIP. Now when the gauge indicates 1/2 full the tank is EMPTY. Do I bend the float wire a little to allow the float to rest a little higher? Or can the float be hitting something in the tank and just not dropping down in keeping with the gas level? Your help will be greatly apppreciated.

Ken

Reply to
Kenneth Snider