Gear puller

Hi all

I need to replace my bearings. Do I need one of those fancy, very VW specific, pullers for VW cranks or can I do with a regular claw type?

If I needed the tool more than once or twice or the tool wasn't expensive (it is $60-90) as it is, I'd get one. Unless you tell me I can screw the crank up by using a claw type, I'd rather have that money go towards a new case, which I will get next month. If I do need one, what's the best price out there? This way, you can borrow it from me any time :)

Thanks! Remco

Reply to
Remco

I have some we'll sell for $25, brand new. This is a blowour RAMVA special.

John Aircooled.Net Inc.

Reply to
John Connolly

John's offer seems really tempting.

I've been using a cheap 3-claw puller, I filed the claws a little thinner to allow them to fit properly.

Heat the gear with a small gas torch and it will come off easier.

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Thanks. John hooked me up so I'm all set. Was debating to use a claw puller, but didn't want to bugger up the brass gear - for $25 I don't have to worry about it.

Reply to
remco

Sounded like a blowour deal. :-)

Reply to
Shag

After reading the thread again, I see what you mean -- That's funny! (I do hope it wasn't a freudian slip :)

Reply to
remco

I should have been an editor. Or not. Happy Easter, early. :-)

Shag

...please let me know how to order this John. I'm blowing out of town for the weekend...btu will check RAMVA and mail this afternoon before I go.

Thanx =-)

...Gary

Reply to
Gary Tateosian

ok, REMCO got 1, we have one left at $25. These are great for the occasional use.

John Aircooled.Net Inc.

Reply to
John Connolly

Thanks, John. I hope to only use it occasionally :)

Reply to
remco

Oh, Shag, your so cute your giving me the cuddlies... :o)

J.

Reply to
P.J. Berg

You misspelled "cooties".

Glad I could help ;)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Äitisi nai poroja!

J.

Reply to
P.J. Berg

Hahahaha!!!

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

*nervous chuckle*
Reply to
Shag

Sorry about that one Jan, I'll give Shag something to quiver about next....

Ps. All in good humour!

J.

Reply to
P.J. Berg