generator question

yes I'm feeling lazy, I just instaled a known good 12v genny to a 1600 sp and its giving me a reading of 55 volts at the DF+ post. how can this be?

Mario

Reply to
Kafertoys

Either the generator is bad or your meter is bad or you're doing something wrong. Glad I could help! :-D

Reply to
Shaggie

DF is one side of the Field winding. The other side is internally connected to D+. With DF unconnected, you will read whatever the voltage is on D+.

I'm surprised it's that high (you didn't say what RPM).

See my web site for: "How do I test my Generator?" Verify a couple of easy tests.

Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

You are supposed to have a voltage regulator with a generator, and that should reduce it back to 13-14V or so. Measure at the battery terminals, not the generator outlet.

jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

...might want to take it out of your "restoration shop," and drive it or tow it to a competent mechanic.

....glad I could help.

....Gareth

Reply to
Gary Tateosian

...might want to take it out of your "restoration shop," and drive it or tow it to a competent mechanic.

....glad I could help.

....Gareth

LOL I fixed the problem and the joke is it was on the 69 red vert and if my memory serves me right it was you that did the work.

so I guess we don't have to worry about it happening again

Mario

Reply to
Kafertoys

interesting...your very own post said *you* just installed a "known" good "genny"...

Chris Perdue

"Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug!"

Remove "PANTS" to e-mail

Reply to
Chris Perdue

your right Chris and because the wiring was wrong I'm sure the first generator was good.

this is a car that suffered an engine fire and needed the engine wire harness replaced. I know mistakes are made, I just found it funny that Gareth had to make a smart a$$ comment about it an the problem was do to one of his mistakes.

Reply to
Kafertoys

yea I still have the car till monday when she can drive it away, and I was going to be nice but if you must know I have had to go back behind everything you have done and fix it right. and the people that come around the hobby shop to work on there cars are more then happy your gonenow things are getting done.

Mario

Reply to
Kafertoys

Cool! He's gone, now you can make some $ and pay it to the people you owe it to, deadbeat. Including Gary.

Reply to
Shaggie

hey Travis I have no idea what you have against me, the only dealings you and I have was when I agreed to meet you in Raleigh on a sunday and only charged you for an hour to weld and install the bumpers on your baja. sorry you feel you got riped off. guess I have to stop going out of my way for people including giving someone aplace to live and alot of trips and cars to drive and don't let me get started on how I kept someone from going to jail on a felonie charge. I'm not playing tit for tat on a news group ment to help people.

the quality of my work speaks for it self if someone doesn't like the way I do things then there more then welcome to take there car somewhere else.

And to think shaggie I was going to offer you a complete 7 pc wide eye baja kit at a real good price.

Mario

Reply to
Kafertoys

Yeah, Shag. I'm sure it only would have cost you the car you were going to put it on.

K. "A hundred days to make me older since the last time that I saw your pretty face. A thousand lies to make me colder and I don't think I could look at this the same, but all the miles that seperate disappear now when I remember your face."

Reply to
Kidd Andersson

I have a problem with anyone who lies, cheats, and steals their way through life. That includes you. I've run into a lot of people locally who would like to "talk to you" about the dealings they've had with you. You have well-earned reputation locally and it's just starting to spread more and more.

Yep, you charged me an hour to do a 15 minute job, and did that job so shitty that I had to reweld two of the spots within 4-5 months of you bumbling the job up. You didn't agree to meet me to do the welding anyway. You agreed to meet me so I could do you the favor of buying up that rusted old baja bumper you were wanting to sell so you'd have some money to buy some crack or something with.

I guess you need a big ol' cup of STFU.

You're damn right it does, and the job you did on my bumper I'd say you suck.

I don't even have a VW now, dummy. Try to keep up. I sure as hell don't need charity from you. I seriously doubt you have a baja kit, but if you do then feel free to shove it up your ass sideways. I'm not going to give you the chance to cross me again, and you should be happy about that. I'm glad I could clear all of that up for you.

Reply to
Shaggie

OUCH....LOL

------------------- Chris Perdue

"Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug!"

Remove "PANTS" to e-mail

Reply to
Chris Perdue

what ever.

Reply to
Kafertoys

Go rob someone, you bum.

Reply to
Shaggie

[etc, etc]

*Please* take this off-group. It's off topic, it gets on everybody's nerves, it's not going to change anything either way, and it will just keep going on and on and on and on ... and on, unless you wisen up.

Please. Pretty please. With sugar on it.

Airhowlingly yours, Erik.

Reply to
Erik Meltzer

Jan is the only one here that has been elected to speak for us all...thanks...all others please click ignore...

------------------- Chris Perdue

"Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug!"

Remove "PANTS" to e-mail

Reply to
Chris Perdue

With respect, I think most newsreaders have enough filtering capabilities to block a thread that you don't wanna see. I added OT to the subject just now. OT posts are more the norm than the exception on this and most usenet groups. Lots of threads start out on-topic but devolve. I apologize for not adding OT earlier, but this thread, like many in the past devolved into what it is today. I also don't think OT topics get on everybody's nerves. It's just that the people who object to them are the ones who complain about them out loud. Even those people enjoy them on some level, or at least I have to believe that because if they *really* didn't wanna see them then they'd filter them. No offense intended.

Reply to
Shaggie

is this actually yours or are you selling someone else's property Mario? Let RAMVA beware a certain individual here has done just this; stealing from some so he can sell that property to someone else. And when the person buying the stolen property gets served for owning stolen property, a certain unscrupulous individual will then have 2 people pissed off at him instead of just 1. There will come a point in time that everyone will know a certain reputation, and the gravy train will be over.

I also know I do not have to look over my shoulder when I walk down the street.

I have had about $10k worth of "thievery" from a certain poster in RAMVA, and have the Court Judgements to prove it. Go somewhere else.

I do feel it is in the best interests of the RAMVA group here to know who is trustworthy, and who is not, that's why I'm posting this. It is not dirty laundry if it is true, and the thief is still scouting out fresh targets.

John Aircooled.Net Inc.

Reply to
John Connolly