Get my supa tomorrow !!!

Tomorrow I am off to get my 73 super 1303 that I won (bought) on ebay. Got to get up at 5!!!! in the morning to catch the train. Traveling about 2hrs.

Thats alot for the UK ! guess its not much for the US.

"2 1/2 hrs drive back.

Needs some welding to the floor. will find out what else when I see it !!!

Never had a super before, so am looking forward to a comfey ride home :-)

this is it , if anyone is interested

this will be the 8th to my collection in the (big) garden (for the UK ). Will have to get some web space and get some pictures loaded. 64 bus,

68 bus, 78 bus, 70 bug, 70 bug, 71 bug, 72 bug.

My wife has a 79 VW golf (rabbit) and a 72 Mini.

We ought to sell some :-)

Rich

Reply to
tricky

Tomorrow I am off to get my 73 super 1303 that I won (bought) on ebay. Got to get up at 5!!!! in the morning to catch the train. Traveling about 2hrs.

Thats alot for the UK ! guess its not much for the US.

"2 1/2 hrs drive back.

Needs some welding to the floor. will find out what else when I see it !!!

Never had a super before, so am looking forward to a comfey ride home :-)

this is it , if anyone is interested

this will be the 8th to my collection in the (big) garden (for the UK ). Will have to get some web space and get some pictures loaded. 64 bus,

68 bus, 78 bus, 70 bug, 70 bug, 71 bug, 72 bug.

My wife has a 89 VW golf (rabbit) and a 72 Mini.

We ought to sell some :-)

Rich

Reply to
tricky

Looks really nice, bargain at £460!

-- Howard Rose

1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe 1962 Austin Mini Deluxe 1964 Austin Mini Super Deluxe
(cars and email on website)
Reply to
Howard Rose

Looks like it :-)

Lets hope it still looks like it when its mine !!!

Rich

Howard Rose wrote:

Reply to
tricky

Reply to
Shag

I'm guessing that's just a bit under $900. Not too bad at all. I do see what's wrong with it though. The steering wheel is on the wrong side. Probably cost a whole bunch to fix that. :o) Anyway, nice looking ride. Looks like fun.

--

'64 sunroof Beetle '55 semaphore Beetle

Reply to
Mike64Bug

2 1/2 from Warrington.hmm where are you? I'm in Notts. Good buy there.

I got a westy from ebay last year, unseen, had to get to Devon/cornwall border & six hour drive back !! Take a sack load of tools.!

James

Reply to
Juper Wort

Picked it up today.

Yes the dollar is weak against the pound at the mo. about $900 it used to translate to about $700

Took some tools with me to set timing, rocker gap, carb idle etc. couldnt get it running well at all :-( It started up ok, spluttered a bit sometimes. Got it to idle. Decided to drive home slowly and sort it out in my garage. Couldnt get up past 30Mph !!!! no power al all. Stopped a couple of times, checked the points gap and timing again. It had no tub to the vacuum advance so I put one on. Still no better. After 1/2 an hour of trying to drive it I dicided I would have to pull over and sort it (reluctantly cuz its snowing !)

STUPID !!!!!!!!!

any guesses?

He had put the spark plug leads on in the wrong order !!!!!!! I was suprised how well it ran, which is why I didnt check them the first time - I mean, it started and drove a bit !

Anyway, swapped them around and it drove like a dream :-)

I will have a good look over it soon, but am very happy with my buy.

Rich

Shag wrote:

Reply to
tricky

Looks good man. Looks like it's in a good condition.

Mike C.

tricky wrote in news:Rv1Td.1$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe7-win.ntli.net:

Now that is the kind of luck I need. I would be the one who sells it thinking it is toast and it was my own smarts that made it run bad.

Cheers to your new found happiness!!!!

Drive and enjoy!!

Reply to
TerryB

Hehe, yeah, that's nothing compared to here. When I got my bug last June I flew to Burbank (Los Angeles) from San Jose, then drove it back up the 101, so I left my house at 11am, and drove up the driveway at 11pm.

-Alex

Reply to
Alex Gilblom

Nice looking car.

If you don't already know about this site, you should check out

for Super Beetle specific information.

Reply to
Scott H

Thanks scott

I did a google and found loads of "super" sites including that one. I didnt know there was such an exclusive scene !

Rich

Scott H wrote:

tricky

Oh well

The good news is, it was a good buy :-) It came with loads of bits inc 2 new carbs, seats, carpet sets guages, etc etc.

Bad news, its rotted where the body fixes to the frame head. 1303 frame heads are expensive !!!

Can I replace the frame head without removing the body ? If I have to remove the body, what extra steps are there from a standard bug ?

I am wondering wether to patch it and use it - fix it later

or replace it an do it properly now

Rich

tricky wrote:

tricky