GEX engines :)

LOL

I've been going through some old RAMVA messages, and I ran across this complaint and legal action against GEX, posted in

1995..... almost 10 years ago!!!

Hope the link works.

Amazing that they are still in business.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

I've never heard anything good about GEX, since the early 90's/Late 80's when I got into VW's originally. A place I used to work at carried them and i tried not to sell them if someone came in for an engine.

Jay

Jay McGraw

I don't put a lot of stock into product complaint or praise from newsgroups, etc. It is very non-statistical and obviously the bigger houses are going to get more complaints AND praise. However, in the case of GEX..... I can't think of ever hearing a positive remark. And the negative ones are not only slightly negative, they are usually horror stories.

We just built a new engine for a guy. Since we primarily only do race engines I told him that it would be cheaper to buy a crate engine from one of the providers. He advised me he bought a GEX and told me his horror stroy. He was willing to pay us almost double to build it in house for him here.

They have to have the worst reputation there is in the ACVW business.

Jim SR Racing

Reply to
Jim