gluing the value cover gaskets

Yes Dave, it is good to see you back on.  And I totally agree with your statement below.  I watched what happen and is the reason I very seldom will post.   Jim Scraps 69 Bug Kaferdave wrote: BTW, thanks, Tim, I still check in from time to time, and if I have the time, and think I have something worthwhile to contribute, I will. It appears that a lot of my detractors on this ng have faded away, but there are still a few on here that I would not lift a finger to help.If my posting again turns into another flame-fest, I'll do the same thing I did last time. I'll help if I can, but don't need the aggravation of having to deflect pot-shots and character assassination threads, or threats of violence towards my family.

Reply to
bugfern

Perhaps someone in the parts end of the business could gear up and produce some original-spec bales that work.

Nice to see you back, Dave.

Max

Reply to
Max Welton

Hi.Over time(25 or 30 years say) the bails that hold the valve covers on get loose.Some creative rebending(careful now) to restore holddown tension is sometimes all that is needed.Also check to see if the cover itself is flat.Again,time and repeated on-offs take their toll.And the cork gaskets are best.Steve

Reply to
Ilambert

And ANOTHER thing--

If I do, in fact, post here, it will be on my OWN time, from my OWN computer. I will not engage in any type of debate that even remotely has anything to do with my place of employment. If I do happen to give an opinion or advice on something, it will be MY PERSONAL opinion, not that of the place I work, nor any of the other people there. If I post here, it will be as just another VW gearhead in the vast abyss of cyberspace, and nothing more. I like trying to help people when and if I can, and it doesn't impact my work or my family. The people in this hobby, as I have said before, are the reason I do what I do. I like the cars, sure, (jeez, I better, I have 5 "runners" and 2-1/2 "gonna be runners"), but the people, by and large, make this the wonderful hobby/obsession that it is. Just needed to get that out, and said.

Reply to
Kaferdave

..............That's a good idea. Too many are inclined to sound off about how much they like a publication by saying something negative about the other one. I read them both and whenever I've had a problem with something in one of them, I've emailed the editor and was always responded to in a positive manner. We've got enough issues around here at this ng without getting into arguements about the magazines. Just my opinion.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

On Thu, 16 Oct 2003 21:29:02 -0400, "Tim Rogers" ran around screaming and yelling:

not to hijack this thread, but i have a pile of mags laying around...anyone looking for specific issues of HotVw's or VWT?...i have a pile of both that i need to clear out...i have a few local folks that will take them(i don't want to throw them out), but figured i would offer issues that i have to the "ramva family" first... J

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

going fast folks....about 75 magazines from mid 90's to around 2001 have been spoken for....more specifically, all of 2000 is spoken for on vw trends, jan of

2001 is spoken for on vw trends, and all pre june of 98 on trends is spoken for....all pre jan 98 of hot vw's is taken....i have most, but not all issues to present...(picking up from those listed) so if you need a specific issue or two, or ten, let me know...

------------------- Chris Perdue

*All opinions are those of the author of this post* "Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug"
reply take your PANTS off
Reply to
Chris Perdue