Good tires? Looking for tire source

I was wondering if anyone had purchased those cooper tires from the real source, I think they are $200 plus S&H. The belts are showing on my tires and 2 are flat, so it's off the road until I get new ones. Would kinda like to get them sooner than later. Are these a good deal or is there some other ones out there I can't seem to find. I checked with the local tire shops around my town and none of them carry

165/r15. Also, is is possible for me to remove the tires that are currently on my car myself and refurbish the rims? I know they used alot of gunk to get the tires I have on there to seal and I want to get that off and repaint the rims. Anyway, just wondering what other people's experiences are with those cooper tires or any other tire for that matter. Money is an issue, but I'd pay to have some tires that will last me 5 years or longer. Thanks
Reply to
jhvw2000

Do you mean Coker of Tennessee? Their 165r15 is (or was) made by Goodyear. Has a nice, thin whitewall, too. Google "Coker Tires". I'll bet you find them.

IMHO. Don't be too cheap on tires.

You might have better luck in the neighborhood asking for the size 5.60x15 or 6.00 x 15.

Depends on what rims you have, but I run tubes under the 'tubeless' style because I just don't trust the early OEM rims.

Reply to
johnboy

Premier Tire, according to their website, sells Vredestein, Continental-General, Cooper, Firestone, Goodyear, and other brands.

site doesn't show all the tires they sell, so call their 800 number to find what you need if you don't see it. I bought their Vredestein 155SR15 tires about 7 years ago. Today, those tires sell for $69. 165/15 tires in the same brand cost $53. Shipping charges are cheap -- about $8 for two tires IIRC.

Randall

Reply to
Randall Post

..............Vredestein tires are great. I've had a set on my '77 for almost three years. 185/65's on the front, 205/65's on the back.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

I recently bought 155SR15 Vreds for my Ghia. I like them

Reply to
User Example