Good VW day and air filter question.

Today i did a scrapyard trip, and this brought me following :

Back windows 1971 bus (to install in my 71)

4 window rubbers in good shape. 2 engine compartment rubbers. 2 sliding door rubbers 3 headlights in good shape, no peel on the reflective coat. 2 headlight chrome rings in MINT shape, not a single dent or scratch. 4 cabin lights. A very nice metal luggage shield to put between the back seat so the space above the engine can be used as storage (first one i´v seen) A good shape map rack for under the dashboard above driver´s knees (option?) Sun shields. (the things you flip down, missing on mine) Deluxe edition steering wheel in mint condition, but dusty. All panels for deluxe van exept door panels, color brown. Front seats 70 transporter, color brown. Door locks, back locks (no keys) Kickplates under dashboard. Front bumper white Several very long wiring bundles to use for rebuilding damaged wiring, nice to have the right color codes (thanks to the advice of Christian Figenschou). Door handles inside (the brown ones you can hold when stepping inside)

Now, there were 2 vw´s with a huge airfilter on the side, is this original? Mine has only a small on top of the carb. The box and lines were in good shape, if they are original, i go and get them. I will probaly go back when i can to strip some more bits, the owner of the yard is cool and lets me strip for decent prices, good way to fill in some missing bits. If anyone is in need of something, let me know. I still have to go get those splits.

Bart Bervoets

Reply to
Bart Bervoets

On Thu, 22 Apr 2004 19:29:15 +0200, "Bart Bervoets" scribbled this interesting note:

On Ghias and Things there is an oil bath air filter that sits to the right side of the car in the engine bay. It is connected to the carburetor by a rubber tube that is designed to have a fair amount of give to it. I don't know anything at all about what was original equipment on your vehicle, but those may very well be original equipment (probably are, in my opinion.)

John Willis

Trust me, you don't want that thing! Quickly box it up and send it to me, I'll dispose of it properly for you :)

Sounds like you did pretty good!

For the air cleaner, yea I'm pretty sure thats the standard issue (off to the side). still can't find any of my "tech" books since we moved to confirm though. I have 71' also but it just has some crappy K&N style atop the carb thanks to the PO. My 66' panel has one off to the side installed on it but god only knows whats stock on that contraption anymore. Mark Detro Englewood, FL

Reply to
Mark Detro