Got some steel VW keys made

by Gabriel up in Allen, TX today.

Ever since I heard he moved here from California, I had wanted to go see if I could get some correct keys made. He did it no problem. Didn't have the steel blanks with the VW emblem on them for my year but did have some plain steel keys. Hopefully they won't crack and threaten to break like the last 10 or so brass ones I've had.

I wasn't sure if the lock numbers on my door locks would work for ordering, since they don't match, but they do work with the same key after I filed them down long ago. Anyhow, the keys I got match my ignition switch which is original and work in the doors too. Also I finally found out for sure which profile key I needed and what the codes for each side are so I can mail order them or whatever, should the need arise.

Reply to
Michael Cecil