Got stuck hood open!

Thanks guys ('n gals) for the input on getting the front hood open on my 74 SB. The 'one person hold the lever while the other person yank like hell' method won out!

Once I had it open I was able to figure out the problem, too much slack / play in the cable, and fix it. Actually there's a little access hole thru the body right by the 'female' pert of the latch which allows you to release the hold on the cable, pull thru the extra slack and then tighten it back up. Now it works like a charm and only one person is necessary!

Thanks again, Chris

74SB
Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo

After you adjust the cable this way, you should also bend it backwards so that it will still pull if the set screw should come loose.

-

Jim Adney

Yes, the extra end of the cable, you mean. That is a good idea.

Chris

Reply to
Chris D'Agnolo