Ground?

1973 Beetle. Started having starter troubles before I put car away for winter. If I turn the key it may take several seconds for the starter to engage. I've replaced the ground cable and cleaned all battery connections. Have good voltage at the starter. I can short the starter at the terminals and it will turn over readily. Funny part is if I hold the key to start after awhile it will finally turn over. Any pointers appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Still willing to give my project car away. The one with the 3.8 buick motor.

Reply to
Steve Lawman

Ignition switch.

Period.

and
Speedy Jim

Speedy Jim

I was just looking thru your site for some advice. Thanks for the SPEEDY reply. Much appreciated will get one ordered. Thank You Thank You.

Reply to
Steve Lawman

Seen this.. it was a dirty (oxidized/rusted) solenoid plunger. In 2 cases that I've run across at least.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

I vote on the switch. Been there done that :-)

Jo=E3o

Reply to
joao_eliseu

Update,

After the Period!

Replaced turnsignal switch and wiper switch after I messed them up not know>

Reply to
Steve Lawman