Happy New Year!

Happy New Year everyone, may it be prosperous.

Jørn.

Reply to
Berg

Happy New Year from me too, and please drop by it the chat room later, #ramva on Undernet :) Should have people talking later tonight, before midnight. Finland is 7 hours ahead of US, so they get to see 2008 well in advance. This is my second new years eve on the US side, having to wait longer :D

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

HNY to all also... how do I get to Undernet Jan???

JH

Jan Anderss>

Reply to
John Henry

There is a "New Year's Chat" thread on the 28th... Here is the crux of the info: There has been a r.a.m.v.a New Year's Chat on Undernet.org IRC channel #ramva for the past years

Folks have downloaded mIRC or other such programs to access it. KWW

Reply to
Kirk

John!!!

Good to see you here!

use a client like mIRC, free for 30 days or so, or go through a web client at

choose your nickname (may require several tries if it is taken somewhere in Undernet)

Favorite channel: #ramva Server: us.undernet.org

Change default channel to 'other channel';

and hopefully the rest is self explanatory. I can't get any further, I seem to be missing a plugin or something.

If you decide to go with the mIRC client

then you can call me for details on how to set it up.

407-761-5731

Jan

John Henry wrote:

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Reply to
Kirk

mIRC 6.2

random US server

wait for connection

easiest way to join: type in server window command line:

/join #ramva

and hit enter

jan

Kirk wrote:

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Oh yea, it opens with personal info window, you can give a bogus email address. Then choose a nickname, and an alternate nick in case the primary is taken. Etc. etc.

Jan Anderss>

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Happy New Year All!