Hard to find parts... aircooled.net.. what the *?

Referring to a previous post in which I wrote that aircooled.net could not provide carb float bowls for the kadrons (and variants) for over four months, well I just got a confirmation from CP1.COM that they got my order for the same this morning and _shipped it this afternoon_.

It remains to be known if what they ship is what I need, but for the moment I must ask, "Just what the hell is arcooled.net up to?"

We shall see.

Reply to
John J

I admit they are slow sometimes but, I have always found John C.'s advice quite helpful. It would be nice to be able to get all of your parts at one place and save on the shipping fees.

Reply to
Jim347a

I'm fairly certain you will have much bettter follow up and customer service with Aircooled.Net than CIP1.com. I've dealt with both, and no doubt have been happiest with John and Aircooled.net.

Reply to
ryan68bug

John has saved me so much grief with his good advice that I will continue to order from him. It was only this one small part that was difficult to obtain.

I want aircooled.net to stay in business for the rest of us.

Reply to
John J

I recently ordered an oil cooler from AIRCOOLED. Weeks went by with no word, so I emailed them and they said they were having difficulty getting them as their supplier jacked the price and they were not buying them for whatever. I told them, the order procedure didn't let me know, it was that my credit card had not been processed as expected. They apologized for the delay and cancelled my order. I needed to get running again, and they had no idea when they would get them in. So I bought one from JBUGS and had it with in a week. Aircooled has supplied many parts for my 69 Type 1, so has JCW, JBUGS, West Coast Metric, C1P, and many others including PartsAmerica and eBay! The Internet makes comparison shopping a breeze, keeps them all competitive or they bust. We consumers just need good feedback like order confirmation, shipping tracking numbers, and a sincere, knowledgeable customer service rep.

I'll continue to check AIRCOOLED but they are not my sole source, no one is. Bill S in AZ

Reply to
Bill S

Yah, something is going on there with aircooled. I wonder if they stock anything at all now.

Reply to
John J

I think it would be hard to compete against some of the larger componies selling online. it was a great ideal when he started but to keep up a small wearhouse and the changing economy might have taken its toll.

Reply to
Kafertoys

The bughaus in Tulsa, OK does not charge your credit card until your order ships. When I was fixing the brakes on the super beetle a month or two ago I ordered a whole slew of parts from the place, bearings, grease seals, shoes, wheel cylinders, yada yada. A few things were out of stock, but Eric shot me an email and told me how long the delay would be and sure enough, a week later the parts were in, he mailed the box and only then did he charge my card. Charging a credit card prior to shipping the goods is borderline fraud in my book.

Chris

Reply to
halatos

we are still here and doing fine. We have ALWAYS had problems sourcing some items, and we are still out of that one. We also have a lot of items that CIP doesn't carry, it's a 2 way street.

One problem that a lot of folks aren't aware of is that people try their favorite 3-4 vendors when looking for a part, and if they are all out they try us, and if we are out they complain that we never have anything! :-D

If people tried us FIRST instead of last this would be a lot less common.

It's also not unusual for us to "be out" because we only sell a top quality item, and refuse the sell the junk that is the same part # but maybe made in Taiwan or India. It would be a lot easier to always have stuff in stock if we were selling a lot of the garbage that many other places don't think twice about selling to consumers.

John Aircooled.Net Inc.

Reply to
AircooledJohn

Well said. I always go to aircooled.net first.

Turns out that carb rebuild kit from 'the other' place were from China, but the floats are genuine Brosol - but plastic. :(

Thanks for being there for us, John.

jjs

Reply to
John J