Head Work

Ok, I finally got around to updating my page on Head Work. Once again reply with anything that is in error and I will fix it. Don't want to give bad info. Other then using clamps.......LOL

Enjoy!!

Reply to
TerryB

Cool. I've never done that stuff before. Makes me want to start building an engine. :-)

"Stupid people are funny." - me

Reply to
Shag

I am having a lot of fun doing this. I guess some of the old hands at this stuff will probably think I am crazy for even saying engine building is fun, but I do like it. And knowing that I am doing it the right way is rewarding in its self.

I am also looking into the coatings that Veeduber talked about and if I can talk my self into putting that much more coin into my engine. Still not sure about all of that right now. May do it on the next engine, but may use the dry lube stuff anyway, sure won't hurt anything. Now the ceramic coatings sound complicated to me, but I have sent Mr. Hoover an email and hope to have a better understanding sometime soon.

Reply to
TerryB

Excellent :)

7.1:1 compression ratio? Why lower than stock? *REAL* Crappy gasoline in your neighborhood?

You are wasting fuel with low compression. Granted, that's not "Gene Berg low", but too low for my taste anyway. Stock CR is around 7.3 or 7.4. and that's pretty low already. When you round off all the sharp edges in the combustion chambers you will reduce the risk of detonation too.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

And also, while you have the head off, make sure you dont have any thread showing from your spark plugs. That can cause detonation too !

If needed, you can shim with an old plug washer.

(something I read once, not from experience ! )

Rich

Jan Anderss> TerryB wrote:

Reply to
tricky

Good point. The carbon buildup on the plug threads would also make the plug harder to remove later, damaging the threads in the head. The end of the plug should sit flush with the plug hole.

Jan

tricky wrote:

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Well for some reason I had that number in my head when I created the page. I guess I was thinking that 7.1 was close to stock, but I did not go look it up. That is why I wanted you guys to speak up and tell me if I was off base. Thanks.

I do plan on rounding the corners soon, how much rounding does it need? Just knock the points off our put a nice radius on them?

Reply to
TerryB

The edges doen't need a whole lot of radius. Just smoothed out so they don't feel sharp when you run your finger over them.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Stock Euro spec T1 1600 Dual port was 7.5...

J.

Reply to
P.J. Berg