Heater cable replacement needed! 74 standard

I cannot find a source for the front heater cables that go from the defrost/heat lever to the flappers near the front passengers feet..................mine have broken, and it is NLA............what have you rigged to repair this? My bug had great heat, and still does, but being able to direct that airflow is something i miss..............Now i just get heat from under the rear seat and the defrost vents.................if i move the lever, i get more defrost air and the back vents close.......................

Reply to
Vanagon Man

Hi Adam Had the same problem in my 74SB restoration, cables rotted away. I went to a bike store and used the sleeving from a shifter cable and got some music wire at a guitar shop and fabricated my own for about $10 bucks and it works great. Good Luck Bob T 74SB, 70 Conv"t

Reply to
bob tonucci

Best heat I ever had in an airc VW was when I got a couple of about 3" dia vacuum cleaner hoses from a janitorial supply place and connected them from where the heat comes in under the rear seat. I ran the passenger side vacuum cleaner hose up to where I could hang it from the dash with little wire hook I made, and I fashioned a small aluminun deflector plate to spread the warm air over the windshield. Best defroster I *ever* had in a Bug! (The driver's side I just ran to come up under the driver's seat. Warm!!!!)

Screw rusted/drafty rocker channels, yano? ;-)

John Kuthe...

Reply to
John Kuthe

Reply to