heating

i was just wandering if it is posible to use a 2kw house hold heater in a car if you have a 240volt transformer thing (200watt). i dont think it will work but how knows. if not what is the best way to heat the car with out heat exchangers. thanke i dont want to freeze!

Reply to
jex

No.

Gasoline heater is your best friend. Instant heat, no fumes.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

I was considering doing the same thing using a big power invertor

120v to 12v. I th> i was just wandering if it is posible to use a 2kw house hold heater
Reply to
Loosenutbehindthewheel

Yep. Nothing is free.

Reply to
jjs

heater

Reply to
Loosenutbehindthewheel

On the subject of heating - has anyone out there tried insalling an oil cooler and fan as a heater, in a similar fashion to a watercooled engine ?

jex wrote:

Reply to
tricky

Run a Google search in this newsgroup. It's been covered a couple of times here.

Basically it's a bad idea: When it's cold, and the engine barely reaches normal operating temperature, you would be cooling it even more than normal. but when it's hot outside, you turn this extra cooling OFF. Possibly leaving the ductwork and such just hindering airflow and ending up with LESS cooling than stock.

Jan

tricky wrote:

Reply to
Jan Andersson

oh well ! seemed like a good idea .

Rich

Jan Anderss> Run a Google search in this newsgroup. It's been covered a couple of > times here.

Reply to
tricky