hello everyone been a few years

Hello, Some might remember me and others might not....

So hello to the group... again.... am I strayed from my VW ways and built a few 4x4's

Built a 1977 ramcharger ground up resto....

she is all done just needs paint....

I like my old truck but I miss my old vw's BAD!!!!

I am wanting to build another baja or take over some one else's project....

So this is just to say hello again....

Keven in Oklahoma

Reply to
Keven Catton

btw... it has been like 6 or 7 years.... forgot to mention that.... Last thing I remember Shaggy had just got his VW and started building....

keven

Reply to
Keven Catton

What part of Oklahoma? I'm in Tulsa, just got back from taking my Baja to Disney for the weekend. Gotta replace a busted CV now.

Les '76 Baja '60 VW truck project

Reply to
Project Magnet #1

I am in Yukon, west of Oklahoma city....

but this year I am moving our family up to our farm, we are breaking ground on our log home and new shop!!!! yeah in NW Oklahoma near Canton lake west of Fairview....

I am in Tulsa about once a month for gunshows as we sell ammunition, gunsmithing...etc.....extra money and support hunting and fishing hobbies keven

Reply to
Keven Catton

probably 'just' before me, but Hi anyhoo :)

Reply to
tricky

Uhh, I have been to Tulsa, way back, ever so slightly intoxicated driving my cousins girlfriends Alfa, after a night out, can't remember the name of the bars, but it was in the vincinity(SP?) of SRO and the Black Eyed Pea I think.

Piss drunk being abandon by the former mentioned girlfriends brother(Who at that time was driving the Alfa), I had the bearings of the car, but no recolection of the way home. This story is true, I swear on my sister grave. I walked up to a squad car and asked for directions, then walked over to the Alfa and drove "home". Only happens once in a lifetime.

The Arshole brother was picked up by the coppers the next morning asleep on someones lawn, he's sister had to collect him. Not a nice person att all the brother.

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

The week or so I spent in Tulsa we did go to a huge Gun Show, in a sport arena? Spotted a genuine AG-3 as in Norwegian, the holder of the stall was not thrilled about our inquires. I wonder how a stolen rifle from Norway made it all the way to Tulsa? A theory we had was via Irland, the boyos of The IRA was more than often sponsored out of the USA, so it probably was a kickback..

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

I had two AG-3's they were Norwegian in origin as well.... but I sold them... about two years ago... I purchased them from a company that was importing all kinds of European arms.... I also had a German m-44, a cet-me, and the ever popular fn-fal in .308 still have the fn-fal...

but they all were purchased legally.... still in cosmolene non-issued military surplus....

keven

Reply to
Keven Catton

Then it has been a while. :-) Welcome back.

Reply to
Shag