Hello for the first time in years

Hi everybody, I was goofing off online at work yesterday and came across John Henry's BugShop and from there linked to the RAMVA member directory and I noticed that I was still listed on there with an outdated entry. So I figured I'd stop back by and say hi so now that I've figured out how to use Usenet again, here I am. I first came across this group back in like mid 1997, about the time I got my first car, a 73 Super Beetle. I used to read it all the time but since selling that car two years ago (Had just bought an 86 Jetta Diesel and also had an 88 GTI 16v so one had to go) and staying mostly with watercooled stuff for a couple years I haven't come back by. Its nice to still see the names of some longtimers here. If anyone still remembers it, I've still got the "Original Recipe" shirt that was produced by JH a long time ago. (Doesn't fit anymore though. If anyone's got an XL, I'd love to get one.) Anyways, I'm getting ready to graduate college and go into the real world. (Or so the hope goes.) I bought a 2004 GTI 1.8T back in January but I'm looking to get another aircooled Beetle to play with. I miss my 73 terribly and have got to find another to satisfy the urge. So here's to returning. Hopefully I shall be back among the ranks of aircooled owners within a couple months.

-Jeff Rew

73 Super Beetle (Gone but not forgotten) 86 Jetta Diesel (Totaled by a Suburban) 88 GTI 16v (Sold March '04) 04 GTI 1.8T (Current car)
Reply to
Jeff Rew

.... I bought a 2004 GTI 1.8T back in January

Welcome back Jeff, stick around for a while now that you found your way back in here. You don't need to own an aircooled VW to be part of the community. Just have love for them.

And keep the watercooled messages down to a minimum :)

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Jan, You were gone???????????? Who was I talking to the last 6 years?????? Kidding!!! Hay Jan T-4's in bugs now go supersonic, look what you have been missing.

My new site

Joe Cali Next Generation-USA

Reply to
Joe Cali Next Generation-usa

Umm.. what? I haven't been away, Jeff has!

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Reply to
Lloyd McClelland

I purchased one of these shirts and I believe they sold for $12 at the time. Fred67bug

Reply to
Vw67lives