hello hello help me please

What's wrong with using your voice?

Reply to
J Stafford

Heck, I have a three-point harness - on my shotgun!

Reply to
J Stafford

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003 08:52:25 -0500, snipped-for-privacy@stafford.net (J Stafford) left Mt Vesuvius in a state of jealous awe as he began spewing from the mouth thusly:

Quote: "When I lived in England I felt the same way, but when in the USA it's often good to let the unknown party know that you speak "Bang Bang"."

-- Travis '63 VW Camo Baja...

your enemies. It messes with their heads.It doesn't take a very big person to carry a grudge. :wq!

Reply to
travis

"travis" wrote

I believe this the point in the thread where Tim comes in and tells us about the gunshot wounds he's seen and how we're all idiots and how we should wear motorcycle helmets and shin guards and floss after every meal and that we should call our motors `engines' and that the 009 is evil and to use these products in a well ventilated area and not to run with scissors and ... so forth and so on.

:-)

Reply to
Scott H.

Not quite the same. Propability to get into traffic accident is in different class than to get robbed or killed when camping. And we have law that requires to use the seat belt.

Be sure to wear a tin foil hat to prevent the alien rays and have the gas mask ready (good thing if you have eaten pea soup when camping).

You talking to me?

Reply to
Olli Lammi

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 00:58:01 +0300, "Olli Lammi" left Mt Vesuvius in a state of jealous awe as he began spewing from the mouth thusly:

OK, I'm wasting my time. You've made your point. Nevermind.

-- Travis '63 VW Camo Baja...

your enemies. It messes with their heads.It doesn't take a very big person to carry a grudge. :wq!

Reply to
travis

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 00:58:01 +0300, "Olli Lammi" ran around screaming and yelling:

well i live near shag(kinda) and we have the same seatbelt laws...not everyone follows them, just like not everyone follows the "don't kill or rob people" laws...i personally don't camp, but i have been known to answer my *house* door with my handgun in plainview when some stranger(S) have shown up very late at night...was i assuming the worse?...maybe, but it was okay, because if it *had* been the worse case scenario, i was ready....they saw the handgun when i opened the blinds on the window to the door...their reaction? to play it safe and put their hands in plain view and immediately identify themselves as motorists that had been stranded by mechanical failure...all was well...they weren't looking to rob me and i didn't come out the door like rambo...they were well taken care of during their short stay at my home... Now seriously Olli....don't take this personal, but why would you condemn *US* (well shaggie) for being judgemental, when you are doing the same thing? this situation is bad for me, because i like you and shaggie both...you both seem like reasonable, friendly people...you call him "crazy american" and want to piss on him for being judgemental about strangers, yet you are doing the same thing...so he is a "crazy american" and you are a hypocrite...sorry, but it is clear... J

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Thats my best suit your talkin about.

Randy

RSMEINER

...............sigh.......Scott Scott Scott.........

........If you want to "run with scissors" without wearing your helmet or if you don't want to floss your motor's 009 after you've got some of that carolina mud all over it on that trail that Shaggie says that no one is allowed to use, why should a yankee up in NY like me give a rat's ass?........

................BTW, I agree with you on being real suspicous about strangers lurking around a remote camping area late at night. I've packed a revolver when going camping in the past. My wife talked me into getting rid of it back when the kids were young but now that they're older, I'm going to get another one. I used to have a 1917 model Colt 45 (auto-rim cartridge). Anyone got another one for me? Cheap?

Reply to
Tim Rogers

LOL

no, I don't carry any weapons with me.. I used to always have a knife or two on me but no more. (I'm still a knife nut)

Crime rate, when talking about crimes like the one discussed here.. IS very close to zero in Finland. Crimes in general involving firearms are still considered rare. (getting up there though) Virtually nobody carries a gun. This *is* one of the safest countries in the world.

Just don't go flipping those bikers off. Or the russian mafia. :D (they don't bother you as long as you don't bother them)

Jan

Reply to
Jan

I see your point Travis, and I have seen and heard enough of crime in the US to agree with you as long as the location was the same. In Finland, there is no need. The countries are so very different. We don't have the same kind of mindset when it comes to owning firearms. Where you folks consider it "every man's basic right to own and carry a firearm for the protection of your property or persona", out here you need to have VERY valid reasons to show the police why you need to buy a firearm. ("What the hell do you need that fopr, are you some kind of a freak?") You pretty much need to be a member of a shooting or hunting club, and getting a license to own or buy a gun is not as straight-forward as it is in the US. While you assume that "anyone" can (and in certain areas pretty much does) have a firearm, out here it's the other way around.

Yes I have looked into this and just getting a license for a target practise .22 pistol is hard. Yes I have been a member of a shooting club and might join one again one of these days. If only I had the money to actually BUY a gun. They are damn expensive. Even a measly .22 caliber.

Jan

Reply to
Jan

I just have a big, mean looking machete handy, much more visible than a

9mm ;) (oh and then there's the hidden hunting knife within reach.. lol)

Hell, nobody ever comes to my house late at night. Hardly anyone *ever* comes to my house. I keep my door unlocked too, but don't grease the hinges ;)

I can leave my garage doors wide open for days on end and leave the keys hanging from the doorlock, and go to town to do some shopping or whatever... lol

Ex neighbor was a K9 officer and current neighbor (the wife) is a cop too.. hehehehe..

Jan

Reply to
Jan

And if they come, they don't leave.

Reply to
Olli Lammi

It really is hell with all those keen women around here. What sould we do about them? Send them overseas to relief some anger? Nah, on a second thought, maybe we can manage with them.

Reply to
Olli Lammi

...................We haven't heard much from Kirin, have we?

Reply to
Tim Rogers

...................I just saw something this morning about the Swedish Prime Minister getting stabbed by some wacko in a department store(?). I haven't actually seen a detailed report yet.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

.....................Wow............Now I'm wanting to go camping in Finland.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

They aren't cheap anymore, but a ballistic equivalent is the 44 Special. Taurus makes a good .44 five-shot revolver in a medium frame.

Reply to
J Stafford

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 10:03:31 +0300, "Olli Lammi" ran around screaming and yelling:

Olli, i'm not taking it as you, well, um, pissing on me(LOL), and i'm also *NOT* saying it is "customary" to wave a gun at strangers...although it is perfectly legal to carry a sidearm in public i would not do that(imagine the panic it could cause)...but in certain situations(such as shaggy being deep in the woods, or someone i don't know knocking on my door in the middle of the night) there is a bit of a reason to "play it safe"....and maybe it *is* because these types of crimes happen more here than there...i dont' know..but i am a very calm person for the most part, i don't think i ever *want* to have to take a life, but i can guarantee you that in a situation where it is me or them, i will fight to the death...there's or mine...especially if i feel harm will come to my vw, um i mean family(slight touch of humor just in case anyone missed that...) J

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

On Thu, 11 Sep 2003 07:01:46 -0400, "Tim Rogers" left Mt Vesuvius in a state of jealous awe as he began spewing from the mouth thusly: