HELP!! (Thank you)

Okay.

Swapped out a bad generator today for a brand new Bosch internally regulated alternator kit.

Under the rear seat, spliced all three red wires together, and then spliced small blue wire to small green wire. Taped off the ground wire.

At the alternator I have the red/white wire to B+, and the green wire to the guage terminal.

Car no start. Turns over fine, no start. 12 volts at B+ terminal. 12 volts at + side of coil.

Nothing else changed!

What the heck?!

Larry

Reply to
Larry St. Regis

I'd check first that the carb wiring is ok (the idle cutoff valve gets

12V from +-side of the coil) and that the distributor green wire is connceted to the - -side of the coil.
Reply to
Olli Lammi