Hmm... If only I could somehow do something similar again... :-)

COOL bug adventures! Inbox Hey there, wanted to let you know that I ran across your website two days ago and REALLY enjoyed it! Very entertaining, and quite helpful in my (hopefully) upcoming baja adventures.

Actually, your website is the ideal website for me at this point. Currently all I have is a dual port 1600 motor... and a couple of '73 Super Beetles to rob parts from ;) I'm looking at a '62 Baja Bug with the body kit already installed, no motor... the guy wants $500, but I think I'll offer a little less ;)

But I want to do a do-it-yourself camo paint job, and had been searching for someone to model my attempt after. Lo and behold, after three days of searching the web, I came across the LCB page!!! VERY cool camo job, I might add. Personally, I want to do a light gray, dark gray, and black camo job with a similar pattern to yours. If you have any pointers on that, I'd love to hear them!

I spent two days glued to my computers at work and at home clicking on EVERY picture and reading EVERY description of your adventures... and Baja Fever took over. Your car was Beautiful, and I could truly feel your pain as you took pictures of it driving off into the horizon. *sniff* *sniff*

What impressed me the most was your documentation of the Tech pages! I've been looking around at a LOT of tech websites, and none were better explained. The most obvious example of this was adjusting your spring plates - no other website out there has better pictures or documentation!

I am curious about quite a few things. When did this project start? When did you sell your Lovebugg? Did you ever jump the LCB? I saw that you had a link to your current adventures, but it looks like that website has disappeared - but the legend of the Legendary Camo Baja lives on!

Anyway, just wanted to let you know that your site was a source of inspiration to me and my baja dreams. Here in Idaho we have a lot of mountain backroads similar to yours that will be great fun... as well as some desert to cruise around in. Perhaps I'll even set up a website and link to the LCB ;)

Thanks again for the awesome website! Ben Harwood LCB Fan

Reply to
Shag

Shag,

Where is it???