how are OEVeeDub and BFY as vendors? Vendor rating in general?

Was looking to get some parts and was wondering if

is an ok place? How about
On a different note: how about we set up a simple applet on a web site someplace so we can give vendors ratings - when they do well by us we bump a good count, when we get screwed we bump a bad count. Whenever you query a vendor you get returned a rating. (like an ebay percentage rating) I'll write it, if anyone is interested.

Remco

Reply to
remco

I've bought from BFY several times and I have never had a bad experiance. They shipped fast and packed well. They have a lot more than what is in their catalog. - Bob

Reply to
Robert

"remco" wrote in news:RjaLe.26805$ snipped-for-privacy@fe08.lga:

Based on recommendations from previous posts, I placed a small order with BFY to give them a try. I was very disappointed with the quality of 2 out of the 7 parts I ordered. The exhaust gaskets were thin, cheap junk and the in-tank filter screen washer they picture as original was something I could have picked up at Ace Hardware for a nickel. Not something to get twisted out of shape about, of course, but a solid indicater. I wouldn't do business with them again.

Regards, jb

Reply to
jb

Reply to
Ben Boyle

Thanks for the recommendations, guys! Need some repair panels (1/2 rear body cross member where the heater pipe comes through and font firewall) and will check next week bug show but, if I can't find them, will need to look elsewhere so that's why the question was asked.

Reply to
remco

I have always had good experiences with

They have lots of German parts, but they are expensive. JP 73vwbttl

Reply to
Loosenutbehindthewheel

Be wary of OE VeeDub because some of the parts are not actually OE afterall. I inquired about one of their rear view mirrors they sell and found out that it is actually a repro made by one of the places in US. Other than that I like them, though.

Gary

remco wrote:

Reply to
User Example