How Much is to much.

I put my 67 up on ebay last Saturday. I had it for sale on thesamba a while back for $2900, but people looking at it thought the price was to high. I put it up on ebay, and have only had one person send an e mail asking questions. In the description, I describle the car exactly as it is, so nobody would buy it and then come to pick it up and be surprised. Am I out of line in my thinking that the car is worth at least $2000, with an engine that was rebuilt 2000 miles ago. Here is the link if anyone wants to read the description that I wrote.

I never did get the pictures to work on the ebay listing, but put a link to them in the description, so anyone looking at it could see them.

Bill Berckman

67 Beetle Pictures at
VW/Porsche Family Reunion Show 2003 Pictures
Bill Berckman

Bill, It's unfortunate that we vdubbers are a dying breed of people. I personally think $2k is a great deal, but we are dealing with people that are not the same as we are. I try explain to my kids that owning an aircooled VW is not just owning a car, it's like a brotherhood, almost a cult. If I drive our Chrysler minivan and wave at someone else driving the same van, they would think I'm nuts. However, no matter what, when driving my bug I can beep or wave, or get waved at, any other aircooled VW and get greeted back with the same respect. It kinda gives a feeling of "belonging". Hopefully someone with that passion for such a classic car will come around soon.

Narley Dude®

Reply to
Narley Dude®

If it's really as solid as it looks in those pictures, I would buy that car for $2900 and drive away feeling like I cheated the seller.

Really makes me feel like I overpaid for the beetle I currently have. ;)

Granted 67 is not my first choice, I would prefer an early 60's. But that car is in such great shape a prospective buyer would be crazy not to seriously consider it.

I'd bet you'd have better luck if the sale was on the west coast.

Reply to
Seth Graham

Great looking car.

Here in the UK you would easily get 3 times the amount you are asking for your car. Being a '67 it is by far the most sort sfter model after an Oval.

Good luck with the sale, if only it was a few thousand miles nearer!

Reply to
simon stone

Bill, your car is the one I would get if I didn't have the family of cars I have. I have a 68 "westy" with a rebuilt motor (200 miles) and a bunch of other stuff I would trade.

href="

">Den's 1978Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

Bill,

If I had 2k lay> I put my 67 up on ebay last Saturday. I had it for sale on thesamba a while

Reply to
still in primer

It ain't over 'till it's over, Bill. Often the best bids come in the last ten mintues. Sure, it's worth $2000! If it were selling close to my place, I'd snap it up in a minute at $2500.

One tip, if it's not too late - photographs: the better they are, the better the sale tends to be, and for strange reasons. Oh, the pop-open rear windows are a major point. Pictures of the dash help, too.

Reply to
jjs

Bill ,....Have Patience.................snipers like to get the best deals on anything they are bidding on.

I say it will sell at your reserve or better.

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Reply to
MUADIB®

Am I out of line in my thinking

I would give you $2000 for it right now but I live in the panhandle of Florida and getting it down here would be a pain in the ass I would imagine!

Reply to
Mac

Ebay can work in strange ways, I've had lots of auctions sell at the last moment. I have a parts Bus for sale right now,#2439661929 , at 102.50, and it's been at that price for days. Douglas

Reply to
Douglas

If I had a place to garage it, I'd buy it, but I'm still trying to buy a house to replace this place I'm renting. . . . So I have (at the moment) neither the loose cash nor a proper place for such a nice care as that.

67's like that deserve better than to sit out in the rain and the snow.

Looks like a good car. I could register it in Illinois with no problems, doesn't even have to pass a smog check. It's a nice car that deserves a nice garage. Driving it in the 'burbs would be a challenge, though, with all the Stupid Useless Vehicles that don't see you . . .

OTOH, the VW dealer in Champaign about 4 years ago had a 67 he wanted $9000 for. It was fairly well restored, or appeared to be. As far as I know the dealer still has it. . . .

Some other car dealer 4 years ago had a 71 SB he wanted $4200 for, and it had been in a wreck. Another dealer had a 64 KG with the original California black plate in the trunk and he wanted $9000 for it and it had neither wipers nor turn signals.

I know dealers have to make a profit, but what do they use the profit on? Buying more of that skunkweed they smoke?

Charles in Palatine, IL

Reply to
Charles Fregeau