How to remove the clutch arm on the gearbox?

Hello Aircoolers!

I have to change the gearbox on my 1303. The "new" was removed by somebody with a flametorch. They torched the driveshaft and the clutch activasion arm (very stupid)

I have to move over the clutch arm from my other gearbox (the one with a bad reversegear) without destroying the arm or bushings etc.. How is this be done? I see a spring clip on the clutch axle. I tried to remove it and use a small hammer on the arm. Without look. Do i need to use a speciel tool or should i use a torchflame to heat it up? Greetings from Denmark...Mic

Reply to
MIC

I had a tough one like this once, I ended up removing the c-clip and grinding down the axle end right to the arm. Of course this ruined the axle, because there was then nothing left to attach the c-clip on. But the arm came off, then the axle came off, and I put in a new one.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Been awhile, but.... remove the arm that the cable goes through. Remove the c-clip on the throwout bearing arm. At this point the arm should move enough to one side (the left I believe) to pull it out of the housing on the other side, then it will move toward the other side enough to remove it from the housing. At least that's the way I remember it. You *should*, however, buy a heavy-duty arm while you're doing this (they tend to break). The HD arm fully circles the shaft & is welded all around. HTH, ~ Paul aka "Tha Driver"

ThaDriver