Hurricane Ivan

Here in Mobile, AL we missed the brunt of the storm. The western eye wall passed west a few miles east of us so the real destruction was Gulf Shores, Orange Beach Perdido Key Pensacola, Santa Rosa Island. We had trees down but little major structural damage unelss a tree fell on your house. My electricity came on last night about five days after it went out. There are still people here who do not have power but 99% are predicted to be reconnected by Friday. Waterside sections of Pensacola may be up to three weeks and there are places where the power poles themselves are gone. Scared me and I am fearless. A fellow on local TV summed it up this evening when he said, "I have seen my last hurricane in person. I don't care if the the rest are category 1 storms (wind just over 74 mph) I'm outta here." My Karmann Ghia Vert was in a body shop north of here and I haven't been able to contact the owner yet. so I hope it is OK. Telephone service has been out too. My fingers are crossed. Tim Klopfenstein

Reply to
Tim Klopfenstein

Glad to hear you made out OK. Hope the Ghia is fine.

They're still cleaning up around here (Montgomery, AL area). Lots of big trees down in some areas, power just now being restored to some folks. Schools were just opening back up today in some areas. A real mess.

Reply to
Malcolm