Hurst style shifter for type 2

Question for group. I have an older Hurst type shifter and was wondering if it will fit in my Bus? It is in a 74 super and the bus is a

68'. Ignoring the height difference of course.

href="

">Den's 1978Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

ilambert

Steve, I think you assume that I want to shift faster and that is not true. My bus had a short throw spacer when I bought it and I could not find the gears without a long prayer before each gear. I replaced the rear coupler at the end of the rod by the transmission, thew away the spacer and now find the gears but have a lot of play. I know the Hurst type shifter I had in my bug took out a lot of play in the bug so my question was and still is; Will the damned thing fit or not?

href="

">Den's 1978Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik