I got a '83 Volvo rear wiper motor !

hehehe... In my weekly junkyard search I finally got a '83 Volvo station wagon rear wiper motor( there have been lots of 86-87s) It IS a 12 Volt German SWF and matches the '63 Bus one I've got on the table(as to shape and mounting). Mounts the same, push on connections, 3 electrical connections (instead of 2), The push on actuating rod even matches in length, except it's got a 10mm locking nut instead of a set screw and the rod is 40% thicker. Nice to have another option besides 67 12 Beetles(USA)ones and the rewound armatures when converting to 12 volt (and getting a 2nd higher speed for rainy freeway trips). At least locally the mid 80's Volvos are turning up in the Junk more often than 67 Beetles ( which is good) and not to mention 16 yrs newer... Lloyd in Eureka.CA.

Reply to
Lloyd McClelland

Why not simply use a voltage dropper on the 6v original? Sorry... :-P

-- Howard

1966 VW Beetle 1300 Deluxe 1962 Austin Mini Super De-Luxe Website at
Howard Rose

Reply to
Lloyd McClelland

I roll my own.... ;)

I have a couple of rolls of resistor wire, I take a piece of it and wind it around a pencil or something, then remove teh pencil.. then I have a coiled lenght of resistor wire to play with.. lenght and gauge determine how much drop it offers. And how much heat it produces. Works great on my bus. Coil pack must not hit anything, it does get hot. It's supposed to, too.

Jan

Reply to
Jan

Reply to