I have found a half dozen(maybe more) 36 HP engines complete

I found these motors by accident when I stopped to ask about an Edsel car, they have been sitting undercover waiting for someone to bring them back to life, some are as old as 1950(serial number 0169947) and there are floorpans and transaxles too.

I put an add on Samba, but nobody replied, surely someone wants them. Contact me if you want something. snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com this stuff is located near Lake Tahoe, Nevada.

Reply to
milliejohn

I just don't know why all of the good stuff always has to be so far away.

Reply to
Packrat46

On Wed, 01 Mar 2006 12:30:16 GMT, "Packrat46" scribbled this interesting note:

It isn't. I've got three 36hp engines waiting for me to tear into them!

BTW, why would a person ask about an Edsel?

-- John Willis snipped-for-privacy@airmail.net (Remove the Primes before e-mailing me)

Reply to
John Willis

The Edsel has a unique place in automotive history. Compare the '58 Edsel's styling to mid-'70s Pontiacs... the horse-collar grille was resurrected. Edsel Ranger, Criterion, Pacer and Corsair model features included control buttons on the steering wheel (Teletouch shifting), "Check Engine" light (came on if crankcase oil dropped to a quart low), low fuel warning light and remote trunk release... novelties in '58 but commonplace today. Edsel may have been a "no-go" -- but that was probably because it was just a little too advanced for the 1958-60 marketplace. Remember, '58 also saw Nash-Rambler dealers cutting factory-installed seatbelts out of cars because buyers didn't want them.

Jim

VWFilms

Reply to
Packrat46