I need a bolt ..

Can anyone help with my 67 Bus. I need a replacement bolt for where the swing plate [I think that is what it is called] connects to the RGBox. There are 4 bolts, 3 on one side and a single bolt on the other. The head of the single bolt broke off. Need to take it "somewhere" and pay too-much-money to get it removed, but I need a replacement bolt. Can anyone help ??

--

-- ·.·´¨ ¨)) -:¦:- ¸.·´ .·´¨¨)) Diane Vee ((¸¸.·´ ...·´ -:¦:- ((¸¸ ·.· ______________________

Reply to
Diane Vee

So far there hasn't been a high-grade metric bolt I could not find at the local auto parts place, or at Ace Hardware in a pinch. Sometimes it has to be shortened a bit, but that's no worry with a high-speed cutting wheel (used slowly).

Reply to
jjs

Diane Vee wrote in this freaking newsgroup:

John Henry has a method to remove those broken bolts in his web page, if you can weld it isn't very difficult (apparently, never tried)

My 1st guess about replacing the broken bolt would be to take one of the remaining to the local warehouse, or auto parts dealer, and ask for a similar one, but not knowing exactly what kinda bolt is that I'm just guessing.

Ant

Reply to
Ant

What is John Henry's URL, please ? Diane

Reply to
Diane Vee

I am sure there are ten people writing this one as I am,............

Remove "YOURPANTIES" to reply MUADIB®

MUADIB®