I plumb, therefore I am (full-flow fun)

My new remote oil filter and bypass therm:

Looks good, eh? About $20 of brass plumbing (some wasted) and a tube of loctite from a Sentry hardware store.

The bypass therm is a BugPac 3061. They're supposed to allow for quick warm-up. Can anyone say they work well, by chance? Do they really clamp down tight when the oil is hot?

Reply to
David Gravereaux

Very cool. Got any pictures of it installed?

Max

Reply to
Max Welton

Thanks.. Not installed yet. I made it sunday. Lots more work I need to do before I dig into the engine swap.

I'll share a full photo workup on it. The sf.net site is just temp for me, so don't bookmark it.

Reply to
David Gravereaux

Make sure you mount that beast securely, so it won't shake itself loose.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

I hear ya. The weight will probably double with oil in it. I was thinking of a steel bracket sharing the bolts for the bumper, under the drivers side rear fender. I think I'll have to have it about 5 inches more rearward than the bolts (all the way to the taillight), but I'll wait for a test fit with the mufflers in place. The mufflers will be in the wheel well, too. They'll be in the way of the valve covers and I think a bit more forward, but not sure yet.

Reply to
David Gravereaux

That's really impressive! Muir had put some notes in his book(s) about "adding an oil filter", but he didn't really tackle how you might do it. He simply said that it would be beneficial for the actual filtering, and it made good insurance since that gives you an extra quart of oil to your engine.

I want one! :-)

-Ray

Reply to
Ray Dios Haque

There's more articles, just google (now a verb, not just a search engine)

Reply to
David Gravereaux