Installing vent window rubber-how to

Can someone direct me to a source on how to install the rubber around the vent windows on a 69 Bug? It looks like the window frame (the chrome part that moves) needs to be removed and reinstalled with new rivets in order to get the rubber piece in place. Yes or no?

Is there a source for rivets?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Harry Balzac

I think you pretty much need to remove all the aluminum "chrome" bits including both the inner and outer scrapers to really get the vent window out. I guess you could take out just the long felt channel and maybe get the vent window out if you're careful though.

You can get rivets here but I just used stainless anti-vibration nuts and some security bolts. (That way if I lock myself out I can unbolt the window and get in easily). Also, I wasn't sure how I would set the rivets.

Michael Cecil

"Harry Balzac" schreef in bericht news:Xns9917D3402C227harrybalzac@69.28.186.121...

Maybe this link can help:

Roger