Instrument light troubles 1969 Type I

I have a 69 Type I and the instruments lights, only the speedometer and fuel lights, are not working. I do not see these or overlooked them in the Bently book.

It looks like they were shorted out at one point as the wires are burnt. All other lights and gauges work fine.

Does anyone know where these go to and help me troubleshoot getting these to work? The headlights and hi beams work fine as does the interior.

Any help is appreciated.

Jim

1969 Type I
Reply to
James Isaacson

1) turn the light knob clockwise and see, if anything happens 2) check the bulbs on these lights

3) check that all wiring to these bulbs are in place and you have voltage there (multimeter stuff)

4) check the ground on your speedo (multimeter also)
Reply to
Olli Lammi