Interesting Brazillian engine

I have just began to assemble the 1600 longblock that I boght from CB Performance. Its a 1600 DP from VW do Brazil, the first one I have ever bought. The other factory built engine I bought was from VW de Mexico and there are some interesting differences. The Brazillian engine comes with some tin, not just the deflectors under the cylinders, but also tin that wraps up around them cylinders and meets the pieces that you normally attatch on top of the cylinders and heads. It also comes with the piece that attatches to the case behind the pulley. And it comes with a pulley and with the distributer drive gear and a oil pressure sender attatched. The Mexican engine came with none of the above except of course the deflectors. The BRazillian engine has smaller looking head nuts and I am assuming studs that the Mex engine. The case also requires the use of the big/small oil cooler seals as the passages are smaller that those on the cooler. That means it is a single relief, right? I hope to have it all assembled and installed this weekend and will report back on how it runs. If all goes well it is a great deal for $995. If not, caveat emperator I suppose.

--Dan E

Reply to
Braukuche

Most, if not all, brazilian engines we see in Chile are single relief. Maybe the dont make dual reliefs? dont know.

Does your engine come with a flywhell? Is it for a 6 volt or a 12 volt starter if its there?

Reply to
Eduardo Kaftanski

it's a single relief engine. They typically run hotter then the dual relief engines by about 15 degrees, but in low power applications (ie: stock) it should be OK.

John Aircooled.Net Inc.

Reply to
John Connolly

Comes with flywheel. I wonder why the Brazillians don't make the dual relief engines??

--Dan E

Reply to
Braukuche