Interstate battery problem - help please

Here is the situation. In the Summer of 2009 we installed an Interstate battery that we got from Sam's.

In warm or above freezing weather it cranks just fine.

When it is below freezing, sometime the starter makes a little grrr sound or nothing at all.

On another vehicle with an Interstate battery, similar conditions exist except, before it will crank, we turn the key to the on position so the dash warning lights will come on for a second or two. Then we turn the key to the start position and it cranks and starts without too much trouble. If we do not follow this simple ritual it will not crank but it will make a click sound.

Once again when it is above freezing, everything is fine on both vehicles.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks again!

Reply to
Jim Ed

...but everything is A-OK in above freezing weather.

Reply to
Jim Ed

Part of the maintenance for Interstate Batteries is that you have to leave state to charge 'em. Doncha know nuttin?

I use Local Batteries for that reason.

Reply to
John Stafford

I have Interstate deliver to the shop so its convenient. its been a

50% fail rate but it beat the problems I've had with other brands.
Reply to
Kafertoys

What makes you think it's the battery and not the solenoid? Freezing temps could affect the tolerances inside the solenoid causing exactly the symptoms you describe.

Reply to
Michael Cecil

I will look into that. Thanks again and to all that replied.

Reply to
Jim Ed

Not very likely on two completely different vehicles. I would do a battery test if you got access to a battery shunt/load meter.

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

One of the factories I used to work at was a Gould auto/truck/lawn mower/golf cart batteries factory.We also manufactured some old style six volt batteries for older model six volt MG cars.

But before that, I used to buy Interstate batteries for my vehicles.In my opinion, Interstate batteries are overated.

Last September, 2009, I bought a 1983 Dodge RV van.I replaced the old battery in my van with a new battery I bought at an Autozone auto parts store.My new Autozone battery was manufactured by Johnson Controls.

Sooo, I am now trying out my Autozone/Johnson Controls battery in my Dodge van.So far, that battery is performing excellently. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

I had to replace a parts store top line battery twice before getting one that would hold a charge so you can see why I use a service that delivers thats includes exchanges.

It comes down to price and c> One of the factories I used to work at was a Gould auto/truck/lawn

Reply to
Kafertoys

Price and convenience, eh? Was it convenient for you to charge Joan more than nine grand for that abortion that rolled out of your shop?

Reply to
bugnut68

of course no, Nut.... hell Sherry did the paperwork, accepted the checks, cashed them illegally, and then Brad did the hacking... haven't you been paying attention? LOL... hell the keebler elf in the news video claiming to only do the work, as he pointed at joan's car, wasn't even Mario, it was photoshopped to make him look bad...LOL

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

Reply to
Kafertoys

Eat shit, Mario. You wouldn't last a week out here on the west coast. I'm surprised you're still alive where you're live, to be honest. Enjoy your earthbound life while you can; I predict you will rot in hell.

Reply to
bugnut68

who is Rose, what is a "fourm" and yes, we do want to read what you have to say about Mairo's Vintage Werks.... should I post the pictures of all your prized show winning cars *again*? the yellow ghia full of nearly unsanded filler and dirt? same on the 66 you were so proud of... maybe show Joan's car again that you claimed you replaced all the rust and it was show winning quality? I'll do that, just for you Mairo....

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

LOL Rose you IM me for an houir and then e-mail me after I tell you my wife wanted to spend time with me So the cars in at more then 1 show , but you say there not show winners ? I really think you need to spend less time thinling about me and more time on the things that matter, you seem to have lost touch with reality or are you ready to come to the next show and tell the promotors that its a bullshit show and everyone that wins is just gimmes.

I'm more interested in seeing your rusted ghia and wondering why if you know so much about the restoration business that you have nothing that could stand up to my quality?

keep whining and bitching and i'll still go on playing with the cars.

But again Rose if your going to keep stalking me, please don't get up- set that I have a life and you don't.

Reply to
Kafertoys

Yeah I spent nearly two "houirs" telling you that you screwed Joan, while you tried everything you could think of to convince me that you were the victim despite invoices that show you charged for work that you didn't do... as I said, that is theft and that won't change no matter how many times you try to bring my ghia(without all the rustholes that adorn your finished "restoration" of Joan's car), my primered bug(that has no rust nor filler, unlike your finished "restoration" of Joan's car), or what you think I do for a living into it... the pictures tell the story, you can't deny and it's eating you alive and making you act like a child... but it sure is funny to watch... when you couldn't convince me that you were the victim you called me names and blocked IM's.... I guess you took my advice that if you couldn't have an adult conversation, man to man, without the bullshit and calling names, to just close the IM.... now you are back on the "rose" kick, which really shows your intellect... Is rose someone that backed you into a corner too?

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

LOL Rose let me see if I can explain so you can understand I turned off my computer so I could have man and wife time you have kids you should understand come on you real low on the priorities in my life, really close to the bottom, along with how I care of what you or my other stalkers think.

someone please explain the Rose thing< I can't stop laughing long enough.

bugninva is offline and will receive your IMs when signing back in. bugninva [8:44 A.M.]: funny guy Kafertoys [9:17 A.M.]: I'm a very funny guy thanks for realizing that

I guess you took my advice that if you

Reply to
Kafertoys

english is easy, eh?

Kafertoys: I still have a shop full Bugninva: how you conduct business is up to you, but there are always consequences to actions... Bugninva: having a full shop doesn't justify ripping Joan off.. period.. I don't care if it never affects your business flow, you still ripper her good... nothing will change that except making ammends... Bugninva: I've met thousands of folks that I didn't kill, but if I were to kill someone I'd wouldn't get a pass because of all the ones I chose not to kill Kafertoys: I can't feel bad after everthing I did for her Bugninva: I would... all the good in the world doesn't justify stealing from her... Kafertoys: They say ingnorance is bliss I guess thats what your looking for kafertoys: Kafertoys is offline and may receive your IMs when signing back in. Bugninva: as I said, it's not ignorance... written invoices for work "done' that wasn't done but was paid for, that is fact... undefined: Your message was not sent to Kafertoys. Kafertoys has blocked you, and will not receive your IM.

Reply to
Joey Tribiani

You are going to rot in hell, you shit-eating maggot.

Reply to
bugnut68

so who made you God - My God is the only one I have to worry about and you are far from him.

Reply to
Kafertoys