Is the '71 bus the Best?

Last yr of a engine you can work on, cheap parts too. first yr with disc brakes, stronger wheels. Keep 'em alive !

Reply to
Mr.SmartyPants

The later model T4 engine is not hard to work on either.

I like the 66-67 (euro spec at least) split window buses best. The older body style with ball joint front end and less aggressive reduction boxes. Converted to 12V and equipped with a souped up 2000cc type 4 engine... that's what I had and I wish I still had it!

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Always wondered why if they wanted to change the gearing in old Kombi,s why they just didnt change the final drive ratio rather than adding a lot more complexity like reduction boxes?. Ground clearance?. Oz John

Reply to
John

Yup.

J.

Reply to
P.J.Berg

maybe they were anticipating Dune Buggies?

Reply to
Mr.SmartyPants