Is this a good deal?

I have a chance to purchase a 1835 rebuilt motor with zero miles for

1,000. Is that a good deal and what do I need to make it work with one of my Autosticks?

Thanks Steven

Reply to
Noice87

You can begin by splitting the case and reversing the cam shaft bore sealing plug. Due to the dimensions of the Auto-Stick flex plate, it will touch the sealing plug and eventually wear a hole in it, unless reversed.

Then you need to find yourself an Auto-Stick oil pump... and make sure the 1834 is fitted with the proper cam-gear for that pump.

Good luck with it.

-Bob Hoover

Reply to
veeduber

well I have 4 Auto Stick bugs O I think I can get a Oil Pump. Plus they show up on ebay. Would be better to have my 1500 engines rebuilt? Thanks for the info.

Thanks Steven

Reply to
Noice87

What's the best way to unlock a engine? I have one that you can hear the starter engage but the motor will not turn. I was told it cturned over 8 months ago. Could the Autostick Transmission cause it not to turn? It did lose some Transmission fluid during shipping.

Thanks Steven

Reply to
Noice87

My understanding is that a 1641 is the largest engine that you should dare to use wit an autostick.

Reply to
Volksrod