Is This The Chassis Number?

Hello,

I got a free pan(beetle) in good shape from a friend, he said that if I got a number off it that he could find the title for it....

anyway the only number I can find is 3751910,Is that a chassis number?

Its on the tunnel where it should be, but any chassis number I've ever seen has more numbers in it.

Gary

--Ice Tigre snipped-for-privacy@icefog.net

Ace

Hiya Gary,

Yep, I think Howard is right on the mark.........1961

Mike

1970 Bus - The Ruptured Duck
Reply to
Bookwus1

.................According to 'Progressive refinements', it's a type1 chassis built in February of 1961. The numbers that began with '11' and then the last digit of the model year, started in '65.

Reply to
Tim Rogers

Oh..... Cool. Any other significant changes in '61? I might actualy put a '61 beetle body on it.....and maybe baja it.

Gary (future owner of TOLCB-The Other Legendary Camo Baja :-D)

Reply to
Ace

On Fri, 18 Jul 2003 12:54:28 -0500, "TerryB" , who was sitting in a corner eating his Xmas pie stuck in his thumb and pulled out a plum and began to run off at the mouth like so:

Ah, he doesn't have the bravery to baja it. ;-)

*scary picture flash*

-- Travis (Shaggie) '63 VW Camo Baja...

corrodes the vessel that carries it.

Reply to
travis

--

Hey! that looks like fun! now all I have to do is find a body in moderately good shape...... its either that or a manx clone.......

Gary

Reply to
Ace

Where ya at? Here's a 66 just ripe for the taking in NY....would probably be a good baja candidate body-wise..... .......this isn't gonna be pretty....:)

Sneaks

Reply to
Sneaks

Or how about this 57 in IN......

Sneaks

Reply to
Sneaks

lol.... I'm in the middle of Alaska......

Gary

Reply to
Ace

keep going west, your gettin' closer. ;-)

Gary

egory=6783

Reply to
Ace