Its home!

Hi All,

My '63 bus is home :)

I drove it home from the mechanic's shop which is about 35 miles away. It was LOUD, and WINDY. It'll be nice once I have latches on the popouts (I had 6 windows bouncing open and close the whole way home), new window rubber, and a bit of insulation and some interior panels. I've gotta get some body work done first though.

The engine was just installed today. It had been used in a water pump. It had been in the pump for a few years. They turned it on about once a week to make sure it was in good shape, but it seems that it didn't have any real work. It is a 1600 single port. Eventually I'm hoping to get a 1914 in it, so the freeway is a lil easier, but it'll do for now.

Looks like I've got a lot of work ahead of me!

Cheers, Micah

Reply to
Micah Gorrell

Congrats!!

Reply to
Pete Cressman

Sounds a bit like a Bus I had. I bought it about 50 miles away in a small town from a guy that had run an appliance shop in it. He had beaten that son of a gun to death. I paid him $200 for it. After driving it a few months the engine started losing compression. Seeing how it had lost a lot of other things (like the floor, paint, etc) I decided to let er' go. I ended up selling it to a guy for $200 who was going to trash the upper body and put his bus on top of it. I would love to know what that thing looks like now.

-Ray Haque

Reply to
Ray Dios Haque