Jerky vacuum signal

Hi guys,

I bought a set of two 34mm solex carbs w/linkage and manifolds from cb performance and when i checked to see the vacuum signal with a vacuum meter i saw that the needle was all over the place and couldnt get a right reading. I put my finger on the vacuum tube and it felt like pulsing rather than a steady vacuum draft. I am using a balance tube connecting my two manifolds which should alleviate this problem but it still occurs. Any ideas? Im really confused and books dont seem to mention anything.

Thanks, BugThug

Reply to
BugThug

Balance tube should be at least 15mm ID to really smooth things out. or use a vacuum reservoir to take out the pulses. they put these on the waterpumpers that have power brakes, circa 82 rabbit (golf) is a good car to swipe these from. They look like a bunch of tennis balls were molded over with ABS plastic.

Reply to
Chris Phillips

se vacuum signal from both carbs and fit anti-pulse valve in the line/lines. Haven't done this yet but it's a commonly known trick to get even, and strong enough vacuum signal from non-stock duals when trying to use a stock distributor.

Jan

Chris Phillips wrote:

Reply to
Jan Andersson

Where can i get such a valve? what does it look like? I will try to get vacuum from both. But i'll also look into the reservoir thing. Please give me info on the valve though.

Thanx BugThug

Reply to
BugThug

You can try forst with a simple T fitting, maybe it's enough. The valves can be yanked from several watercooled cars at just about any junkyard. Don't know any off hand that would have them for sure.

Jan

Reply to
Jan Andersson

I wouldn't use the reservoir, as it causes a great amount of delay in the vacum signal. As Jan said, try the T-ditting first, then the antipulse valve.

Bill, '67 bug.

Reply to
Bill Spiliotopoulos