John Reid is in Santiago

Remember the post 'Bad valves in southamerica' ? Well, I met John Reid himself and his girlfriend today in a friends garage.

Will have dinner with them tomorrow and will try to post pictures... The Kombi will most likely be gone by tomorrow. Today John got it back to legally registered status and will sell it to another set of crazy people that will use is to travel down south america :)

Reply to
Eduardo Kaftanski

Indeed I am. Dinner was excellent, it seems we all share a love of sushi.

I can't tell you how good it was to finally meet Eduardo. It's kind of a funny position to be in when you feel deeply in debt to someone you've never met. He's tirelessly provided advice and translation services across a continent to a couple of crazy Brits he'd never met. What more can I say? It seems the readers of RAMVA are a great bunch.

The bus went today. It was driven off for a season in an Argentinian ski resort and then a road trip. We've lived in that bus for 5 months and it was a sad moment. I'm still not sure whether the American-Australian couple who bought it got a good deal or not. We'll just have to see if they also visit 16 different mechanics in 2 countries 18 times over 5 months.

It does seem to be in very good nick at the moment, but I have said that before. I kitted them out with a copy of the John Muir book that I wish I'd had when we got going. What a difference that might have made. They're going to start by getting the heating working.

Sorry that there aren't any more pictures, our digital camera's been playing up.

The real question is whether I can persuade Kathryn to buy a beetle or a bus back in England. We shall see.

Anyhow, thank you all, especially Eduardo for all the help. It was much appreciated.

'Til the next time we own a VW.

John & Kathryn.

Reply to
John Reid