Just a comment

VW owners are a unique breed. We see much more than an amalgam of metal, plastic, and rubber; we see a blank canvas.

Some may want to do a full-on restoration, complete with every accessory imaginable; some may want to build a street-fighter Beetle, with 17" wheels, "boomer" stereo, and air bags. That's all fine. We should try to stick together as a group, to build, rebuild, and restore our chosen types of cars, Volkswagens.

There are plenty of people out there driving their Camaros, Mustangs, and Hondas that just don't get it. They never will. It takes a special kind of person to want to wrench on a 25-50yo car, that has less-than-great heating, underpowered, and sounds like a runaway lawn mower!

It is great to see the Cal-Look cars, Carson-topped cruisers, now, V-Rods! It's great that there are people using today's technology and applying it to our vintage VWs.

Hippies, punks, metalheads, preps, wannabes, and everyone else in between. I think the world of ACVWs is large enough to be all-inclusive to anyone who has a special place in their hearts for our favorite "little car".

Reply to
Jeff Kleier

Lemmie guess, the next line is GROUP HUG! Right.

Just for balance, I think I'll drift over to the dark side; methinks I see a recovering ACVW jeepster over there eating ribs.

*brrrr* these sensitive types send a shiver up me spine.
Reply to
jjs

And they heard him cry as he waved goodbye.... "I'll be back again someday!"

Reply to
Shaggie

Don't get bummed out John today, save some for christmas. Speaking of different types of custom vehicles, my super is a mixed bag in progress. It's a retro, budget, unique, unwraped pile of parts without instructions. Reminds me of the old Johnny Cash song about his 49, 50,

51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56, 57 Cadillac. I love it.

href="

">Den's1977 Puma

Reply to
Dennis Wik

STFU

Reply to
K5

Travis,

Going back to baja or maybe a thing/181 using a 4WD pan from a Kubelwagen this time? Or maybe steal all the guts from a Syncro transporter and redo a beetle pan to hold it all? What'cha think?

Reply to
David Gravereaux

I'm thinking of something like this: :-)

Shaggie

"jjs" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@news.supernews.com:

Phew! Thanks, John. I was starting to feel warm and fuzzy for a moment.

Reply to
cloud8