Just finishing another resto

A few months back I mentioned that I picked up nice original 68 beetle that was in very nice shape but had alot of surface rust and somedents and dings. Well its now repainted and lots of new rubber. Its looking great I will try to post pictures.

where would be a good place just to throw a few pics up. I have just finished painting 3 bugs with 2 more and a ghia in the next week.

Sorry I still get excited when they come out this sweet.

Mario Vintage Werks resto

Reply to
Kafertoys

Google has a good picture hosting area. I post pics of my projects out there.

Jason

Reply to
JJW69Bug

Its also easy to upload from Picasa, both are free and no ads or popups.

Reply to
Eddie

we use webshots

vwluvrs

hers our link to alfie's photos

BTW, Mario,,

Hints tips (tutorial) on getting doors to shut properly after installing new door seals?

Terry

Reply to
vwluvrs

Thanks Terry

Heres before and after pictures of the 68 I'm just finishing up.

The customer did not ask for a show car but know that its this far along theres talk about showing it at the next Greensboro show.

Mario Vintage Werks resto

Reply to
Kafertoys

Mario, Nice job. I'm within days of repainting my 74 Super and am curious as to how you handled painting the area behind the engine cooling vents (just above the rear deck lid). You painted you car white, did you also paints the closed in area behind the vents white or did you opt out for the old "paint it black and hope nobody looks in there". If you did paint it white, how did you get it all cleaned and then painted.

Dick Steflik Binghamton, NY

Reply to
Dick

Hey Dick Hows Binghamton I grew up and my family lives in Greene.

I spray that area firstto make sure its covered real well, I like it body color.

take the time to sand that area well, I put self adhesive 180 sand paper on a paint stick and sand from inside the engine compartment.

good luck painting yours let us know how it goes.

Mario Vintage Werks resto

Reply to
Kafertoys

I just added more photos

the blue 70 belongs to a Guilford county police officer, this is the only thing hes got from his deceased father so I wanted to make it as nice as he remembered when his father bought it new.

the luggage tray and right rocker needed replacment

the harvest moon 74 needed the whole right quarter replaced.

the bus had a few pounds of bondo in the right rear quarter its now all metal.

Mario Vintage werks resto

Reply to
Kafertoys

Mario, I'm painting car a metallic teal blue/green for my daughter, my purple

74 is set aside for next year. Did you mean that you sanded that whole area up through the louvers in the engine compartment?

BTW, I'm really on upper Front Street about 15 minutes from green and the 14 year old that is my free labor for the summer (sanding VWs and bike riding) is a Greene kid named Cameron Kehl. He's a hard worker but very hung up on Mustangs instead of old VWs, he has learned the difference between an aircooled and a water cooled bug is.

If your family is in Green where are you located now.

Dick Steflik

Reply to
Dick